I spent my birthday very differently this year. I didn't get to be with my kids or husband for any celebration nor was there any. I didn't feel upset, disappointed or unhappy... Instead I am happy on how I spent that special day...
Early morning, hc and I sent the kids to school (normally I would be at home) then hc and I went for breakfast. I told the kids, yes that day is mummy's birthday but mummy has a class at night and thus not able to be with them. No whining from anyone, they accept the fact. Phew...
After breackfast I went to visit my mum. Though I didn't manage to get her to go out of her comfort zone to move around, I can see she is very happy to see me. So I hang around with her for the rest of the morning... Wanted to give her a treat for lunch, she is not willing to move out at all. Well, at least I spent a morning with her.
In the afternoon, I headed for Seng Kang to get myself ready for our last session of a parenting course for the night. The class is suppose to prepare some food for a farewell potluck for the session. Spent my time with TLian and her 2 kids and I can see the kids love to play with me... So funny right, on my birthday I didn't get to spend time with my kids but a friend's but no big deal! The important thing is everyone is happy. I'm surprised I didn't sulk but I enjoy every moment of my time with TLian and family.
After dinner is the class... Wow... I didn't realise I am very tired... till I wasn't able to think properly in class and not able to answer simple questions and the usual thing like how do I feel after the course to the teacher... I simply said TLian has answered for me. I can see my friend is shocked for me to say that... Well, the night stretched and after lesson we stayed behind and chatted with the teacher... ha, ha... still claimed I am tired right... The class usually ends at 9 pm but we only left near 10 that night!
This is not the end... We went Jalan Kayu for my favourite prata... We went there but I didn't had any food because I am seriously over stretched... I have no appetite but I am just enjoying my drink of coconut and the company of HC, RL and TLian. I have always enjoy their company since I know them!
Near 12 am then we really got going... Ha, ha... I told HC please give me some rest time till tomorrow morning... I really needed a good rest. So yes! I am given the privilege to rest since we got home till the next day morning! HC got the kids ready to school without much of my help and I woke up feeling refreshed after everyone has left home.... Thank you 老公。。。 And when I got home, HC gave me a surprise with a tiny cake... I thought no cake for me this year! ha ha... still, my HC remembers... (no pix of the tiny cake bcos I am too tired to give it a shot!)
Though this birthday there is no special way of celebrating it but I enjoy every moment of it... Even though I am already very very very exhausted by evening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Michelle!!! Haha just got to know your birthday is the same month as me!!
We are both bless with a wonderful family and a group of fantastic friends!!! Leaving us to enjoy the simpless things in life!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
James
Michelle, this is great. it's always a blessing to have time to yourself doing something that you like and having the support of your family and friends.
Lizhu
hey girl! happy birthday! i am so busy with work (still in China tt i can't think of anything!) big evend for me in Beijing last weekend..
anyway, glad u enjoy yourself! cheer up girl!
Thanks alot friends... Yes, I am blessed with a group of great friends! Cheers!
Post a Comment